This sample is the fifth chapter of our new book The Illuminated Quran: Curriculum for Children available now on Amazon. Please add to the discussion by sharing your lesson experiences and artwork the children make for each lesson.
The fifth surah of the Quran contains some information about food and food laws, a description of wudu/ablution, and a miracle. In this surah, the rules for permitted and forbidden food are established.
- What foods do we eat and what foods do we not eat as Muslims?
- Have we ever heard another story where there was a forbidden food?
There is a description of the ritual ablution that we perform before prayer.
- What is wudu?
- Why do we make wudu before we pray?
In this chapter, the miracle of the table is described where the people asked Prophet Isa (a) for a miracle and Allah (s) sent the table down with food.
- When Prophet Isa (a) asked Allah (s) to bring down the table as a miracle what happened?
- What would you think if a table came down with endless food?
This is an image of a traditional table covered with food.