The purpose of this project is to review the stories of the prophets. We create an image on a medallion and then place that medallion on the tree. This is loosely arranged like a family tree.
This project can also be used like an advent calendar during Ramadan for a countdown to Eid. The idea is to finish filling the tree before Eid.
Materials: canvas, gesso, tempra paint, brushes, watercolour paper, watercolour paint
- Paint the canvass with gesso (very large brush.) Make the arch shape over the tree with a pencil once the gesso is dry.
- Make the trunk from the bottom centre to the top centre.
- Extend the branches left and right.
- Fill the spaces with more and more branches and leaves until full and add leaves.
- Trace the watercolour paper with a coffee mug to make the round medallions.
- Trace the subject of the medallion.
- Add the watercolour paint to the medallion.
- Read the story for the children and have them add the medallion to the tree with double sided tape.